A Municipal Service Review (MSR) is a comprehensive study to determine the adequacy of governmental services being provided by the local agencies under LAFCo jurisdiction (Government Code Section 56430). These studies may be used by LAFCo, other governmental agencies, and the public to better understand and improve provision of services and to identify opportunities for greater cooperation between service providers. The service review is a prerequisite to a sphere of influence update and may lead a LAFCo to recommend actions to other agencies or to take actions under its own authority.
Specifically, service reviews are required to address:
- Growth and population projections for the affected area.
- Present and planned capacity of public facilities and adequacy of public services, including infrastructure needs or deficiencies.
- Financial ability of agencies to provide services.
- Status of, and opportunities for, shared facilities.
- Accountability for community service needs, including governmental structure and operational efficiencies.
- Any other matter related to effective or efficient service delivery, as required by commission policy.
CitiesCity of Fort Bragg, 2018Point Arena, 2015City of Ukiah, 2012City of Willits, 2019
Cemetery DistrictsCountywide MSR/SOI for Cemetery Districts of Mendocino County, 2017
- Anderson Valley Cemeter District
- Cemetery District of the Redwoods
- Covelo Public Cemetery District
- Hopland Cemetery District
- Mendocino-Little River Cemetery District
- Potter Valley Cemetery District
- Russian River Cemetery District
- Westport-Ten Mile Cemetery District
Community Services DistrictsAnderson Valley CSD, 2014Brooktrails Township CSD, 2019Mendocino City CSD, 2020Covelo CSD, 2010
Fire Protection DistrictsRedwood Coast Fire Protection District, 2017Fort Bragg Rural Fire Protection District, 2019Multi-District Fire Services, 2016
- Albion Little River Fire Protection District
- Comptche Fire Protection District
- Covelo Fire Protection District
- Elk Community Services District
- Hopland Fire Protection District
- Leggett Valley Fire Protection District
- Little Lake Fire Protection District
- Long Valley Fire Protection District
- Mendocino Fire Protection District
- Piercy Fire Protection District
- Potter Valley Community Services District
- Redwood Valley-Calpella Fire Protection District
- South Coast Fire Protection District
Ukiah Valley Fire District (pending)
Water/Irrigation/Flood Control DistrictsWater and Wastewater Districts MSR, 2014Russian River Flood Control District, 2017
Other DistrictsMendocino Coast Health Care District, 2014Mendocino Coast Recreation and Park District, 2008Mendocino County Resource Conservation District, 2014Noyo Harbor District, 2014Ukiah Valley Special Districts, 2013
Ukiah Valley Sanitation District (pending)
Other Studies and ReportsMutual Water Companies Report, 2018